That’s a wrap! Vision 2012 has officially come to an end! Last night, we closed the conference with an amazing keynote address from Oakland A’s General Manager, Billy Beane. All of our attendees had a great time listening to Billy while eating a delicious meal and enjoying each other’s company. What I love most about this event is the chance for industry leaders to network and learn from each other.
This week was filled with many educational sessions and everyone left with key takeaways they can begin adopting into their daily operations. I was able to sit in on some our customer led sessions and below are five key takeaways I received from listening to our customers:
- Getting ahead of industry regulations – Fleets that leverage EOBRs and Hours of Service have witnessed numerous benefits, such as increased productivity, while enhancing their compliance and auditing abilities at the same time
- Capitalizing on smartphones – Everyone is exploring ways to take advantage of next-generation mobile devices, while staying safe at the same time
- Harnessing the power of predictive analytics – While not magic dust, fleets are realizing the tremendous amount of data at their disposal that can be better compiled, analyzed and turned into actionable items to improve driver satisfaction and safety operations, combining analytics with remediation solutions
- Creating a culture of safety – Fleets can deploy numerous applications and analytics to improve safety on the road, but there must be buy-in from all ranks within an organization for the pieces to work together and lead to measurable success
- Personalizing effects of technology – While some may think advanced technology dehumanizes the industry, fleets are realizing that the latest innovations bring everything full circle and actually lead to more one-on-one discussions between dispatchers and truckers to improve everyone’s lives
All and all Vision 2012 was a huge success with over 250 attendees. If you attended Vision 2012, please let me know what you thought of the event by leaving a comment below. If you were unable to attend this year, below are some pictures highlighting different events from Vision 2012. And, make sure you sign up for our next Vision Management Conference… you don’t want to miss out!
Thank you again for everyone who came out to San Diego this week and travel home safely!
Topics: Vision 2012