If you’re a truck driver, you’re used to spending long stretches on the road, looking for ways to pass the time as the miles fly by. Maybe it’s your favorite album, or maybe you like to keep up with the latest book craze via audiobook. Lately, an increasingly popular option is podcasts. Ranging from the comical to the informative, these internet-based audio series cover a diverse array of topics for everyone out there.
If you’re looking to add some new podcasts into your listening rotation, check out our list of top trucking podcasts below:
- The Extra Mile Podcast: Go the extra mile with host Eric Harley and his guests as they dive into hot topics surrounding the trucking industry. Harley covers a wide range of topics ranging from regulations to new products and technology. Just this month, Omnitracs Vice President of Regulatory Affairs Mike Ahart joined Harley on his podcast to discuss the most recent ELD updates.
- The Lead Pedal Podcast: This podcast for truckers is a great catch-all. It covers topics for both drivers and fleet managers, helping them improve their business and careers. New episodes are released every Tuesday and Thursday morning.
- Payload by Truck Driver Power: Are interviews more your style? Payload by Truck Driver Power brings in industry members to discuss their views on topics ranging from the future of smart cabs to the latest regulation impacting the driver experience.
- Trucking Podcast: Hosted by father-son team Buck and Don Ballard, this entertaining take on the latest trends in trucking covers a wide range of topics – recent episodes cover millennials in trucking and first trucking stories. New episodes are released on a weekly basis.
- Alice Isn’t Dead: If you’re looking for some immersive, trucker-focused storytelling, be sure to check out Alice Isn’t Dead. Taking place across the United States, this tale follows a fictional truck driver through a larger-than-life search for Alice herself. In fact, a television adaptation is currently in development with USA Network.
Be sure to keep up with the latest in driver topics with Omnitracs on Twitter.