Omnitracs Celebrates 30 Years of Innovation at Fourth Annual Omnitracs Outlook Conference
Omnitracs, LLC, a global pioneer of fleet management solutions to transportation and logistics companies, today celebrated its 30th anniversary with employees and customers at the fourth annual Omnitracs Outlook user conference in Nashville, Tennessee.
Founded in 1988 as Qualcomm Incorporated, Omnitracs has been at the forefront of technological innovation, providing the best in mobile-based business intelligence for the ever-evolving transportation and logistics industry. Throughout the last 30 years, the organization has been dedicated to solving problems and increasing profitability for fleets of all types using innovative technology and insight.
“Omnitracs is committed to staying at the forefront of technology,” said Ray Greer, CEO of Omnitracs. “Since the organization’s inception, Omnitracs has helped its customers improve service, enhance safety, and lower costs while increasing overall driver satisfaction. As fleets face new challenges in 2018 and beyond, we plan to continue to build upon this strong foundation by developing new solutions that bring success to every stage of the supply chain.”
Since Vista Equity Partners acquired Omnitracs in 2013, the company has seen major transformations, allowing the organization to develop extremely agile software solutions designed to evolve and exceed customer expectations while staying ahead of major industry trends. The company now offers the broadest portfolio of data-driven software solutions focused on safety, compliance, productivity, routing and delivery planning, asset management, maintenance, and fuel efficiency.
Some of Omnitracs’ notable developments include:
- The acquisition of Roadnet Technologies in December 2013, introducing routing, scheduling, and mobile resource management software solutions to better support last mile delivery.
- The launch of Omnitracs XRS platform in November 2014, providing a variety of enterprise-grade fleet solutions to mobile devices, including smart phones, and tablets.
- The October 2015 launch of Omnitracs Navigation, which uses Big Data collected from more than 300,000 vehicles on the road daily, contributing to more than 100 billion data points per year.
- The introduction of Critical Event Video (CEV), a fully integrated in-cab video solution in August 2016.
- The partnership with Peloton Technology in February 2017 to assist in the development of platooning technology, which increases fuel efficiency and overall road safety.
- Partnerships with prominent technology partners in both hardware and software to further grow and improve product offerings.
- The acquisition of Shaw Tracking, Omnitracs’ exclusive Canadian distributor for 25 years, in 2017 to expand the company’s presence in Canada and better support cross-border operations.
With a strong North American presence, the organization is continuing to expand its reach to create a unified ecosystem for fleets worldwide. Today, Omnitracs delivers services to more than 12,000 customers in more than 70 countries.
Headquartered in Dallas, Texas, Omnitracs employs more than 1,000 people in several locations throughout North America. For more information about Omnitracs, please visit: www.omnitracs.com.
About Omnitracs, LLC
Omnitracs, LLC is a global pioneer of trucking solutions for all business models. Omnitracs’ more than 1,000 employees deliver software-as-a-service-based solutions to help more than 12,000 customers manage nearly 1,100,000 assets in more than 70 countries. The company pioneered the use of commercial vehicle telematics over 25 years ago and serves today as a powerhouse of innovative, intuitive technologies. Omnitracs transforms the transportation industry through technology and insight, featuring best-in-class solutions for compliance, safety and security, productivity, telematics and tracking, transportation management (TMS), planning and delivery, data and analytics, and professional services.